Videos WhatFinger

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Citta:

The Art of Compassion.

A nun wearing a white head shawl bordered in blue finally stepped through the curtain. She was short and energetic with a remarkable aura about her. “I’m Mother Teresa,” she said.

I’d never heard of her. But I could see she was smart and charismatic. She drew me right in. I’d come to India to travel and soak up its culture until my money ran out. So I was shocked to hear myself say, “Could I stay here and help you?”

Mother Teresa looked at me appraisingly, then spoke. “Are you a doctor?” she asked, almost sharply. “A nurse? A psychologist? Do you have any medical training?”

“No,” I said.

“Then how can you help us?”

In 1988, Mike Daube was a 24 year old struggling young sculptor on a pilgrimage to India he hoped would inspire 'artistic creation'. Little did he realize where his travels would take him and how they would transform him.

A video preview of an upcoming documentary of Michael Daube and Citta, the medical relief organization he help establish in the poorest province of India, is available here.