Sunday, August 10, 2008

Citta:

The Art of Compassion.

A nun wearing a white head shawl bordered in blue finally stepped through the curtain. She was short and energetic with a remarkable aura about her. “I’m Mother Teresa,” she said.

I’d never heard of her. But I could see she was smart and charismatic. She drew me right in. I’d come to India to travel and soak up its culture until my money ran out. So I was shocked to hear myself say, “Could I stay here and help you?”

Mother Teresa looked at me appraisingly, then spoke. “Are you a doctor?” she asked, almost sharply. “A nurse? A psychologist? Do you have any medical training?”

“No,” I said.

“Then how can you help us?”

In 1988, Mike Daube was a 24 year old struggling young sculptor on a pilgrimage to India he hoped would inspire 'artistic creation'. Little did he realize where his travels would take him and how they would transform him.

A video preview of an upcoming documentary of Michael Daube and Citta, the medical relief organization he help establish in the poorest province of India, is available here.
Smile Train
Providing Cleft lip and palate surgery to children all over the world.
If you agree with these people that it's a worthy charity, please CLICK HERE to donate any amount.

Day by Day