Videos WhatFinger

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This Just In...

"The power which a multi-millionaire, who may be my neighbor and perhaps my employer, has over me is very much less than that which the smallest bureaucrat possesses, who wields the coercive power of the state and on whose discretion it depends whether and how I am to be allowed to live or to work." -- Friedrich August von Hayek (1899-1992), Nobel Laureate of Economic Sciences 1974

For those of you who slept in gub'mint school, yet still had a diploma thrust into your hand, I shall translate: Professor Hayek said it's possible to say to your multi-millionaire neighbor or employer, "Take this job and SHOVE IT!", but even the two bit bureaucrat of a ten cent town can demand, "Do it or go to jail!"

Compare and contrast.

A great read: Hayek's book "The Road to Serfdom" can be downloaded to Kindle or purchased in paperback from Amazon.