Videos WhatFinger

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Leviticus 19: 23-37

“‘When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden. For three years you are to consider it forbidden; it must not be eaten. In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit. In this way your harvest will be increased. I am the Lord your God.

“‘Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.

“‘Do not practice divination or seek omens.

“‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

“‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.

“‘Do not degrade your daughter by making her a prostitute, or the land will turn to prostitution and be filled with wickedness.

“‘Observe my Sabbaths and have reverence for my sanctuary. I am the Lord.

“‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.

“‘Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the Lord.

“‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

“‘Do not use dishonest standards when measuring length, weight or quantity. Use honest scales and honest weights, an honest ephah and an honest hin. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt.

“‘Keep all my decrees and all my laws and follow them. I am the Lord.’”