Videos WhatFinger

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Atlas Shrugged: the Movie

I have not seen the movie, yet, and not sure I will.

 I wasn’t that impressed with “Atlas” when I first read it in high school, and less so when I re-read about 15 years ago.

Rand was a ‘individualist’, not a conservative, and a rabid atheist. For me “Atlas” was too spartan, and self-serving; totally devoid of Faith, compassion or altruism. It seemed to be a pantheon to Darwinism, set entirely upon an economic stage as a gauge of success or failure in life.

And whoa to them who cannot be John Galt.

No thanks.



In a bit of irony, the weekend box office says that this incarnation of “atlas” is not fit to survive, coming in 14th, right behind such towering celluloid screeds as ‘dairy of a wimpy kid,’ ‘the Lincoln Lawyer,’ and ‘Your Highness.”


EM over at HA has seen the movie, and  liked it. JA over at Libertas simply said, "Atlas Shrugged, Part I is easily one of the worst narrative feature films I have ever seen in my life. We will waste no further time with the film on this website."

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.