Videos WhatFinger

Monday, April 07, 2008

Saying goodbye to a real class act

Libertas says it best:
Charlton Heston married Lydia when he was 20. Just a few hours ago he died with her next to him. He was 84.

The only thing more impressive than the man’s career was the man.

May God bless and keep him.


I'm borrowing abundantly from Libertas this morning 'cause no blog does it better (IMHO). Top-Ten Favorite Mighty Chuck Heston Films.

Plus, from a 1999 speech delivered at Harvard Law School. Charlton Heston: In His Own Words.
Everyone I know knows I would never raise a closed fist against my country. But when I asked an audience to oppose this cultural (P.C.) persecution I’m talking about, I was compared to Timothy McVeigh.

From Time magazine to friends and colleagues, they’re essentially saying, “Chuck, how dare you speak your mind like that. You are using language not authorized for public consumption.”

But I am not afraid. If Americans believed in political correctness, we’d still be King George’s boys — subjects bound to the British crown.
Please read it all.

And finally, the voice and image of the man in action - defending basic constitutional rights.