Videos WhatFinger

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

First World Problems

I loathe the  phrase 'life hack.' It's often ridiculous click bait which simply explains the most mundane of tasks. The only 'hack' is a few minutes out of your life that you'll never get back.

This next article ain't one of those, but it is a simple reminder about some basic first aid for what most of us find indispenable in the 21st century.


How to Diagnose and Repair a Cracked Phone Screen
"Smashed screens come in many different levels of severity and you could be dealing with anything from a completely shattered display and a non-working phone, to a small crack in one corner of the screen and a device that still works fine. Not all of these solutions are applicable to every scenario but we'll try and guide you as best we can."

It's a nice little refresher course, but it couldn't help me.

Last year, I smashed the screen on my trusty, paid-off Galaxy s4. I'm a simple man, and that ol' s4 served my purposes just fine, thank you very much.

But the smashed screen was catastrophic, and the prognosis didn't look good. The patient was terminal. I off-loaded high priority items, and trusted the rest to the cloud. Drastic measures were required. I called the insurance company, and they recommended replace instead of repair. But the s4? That's obsolete and unavailble.

I was offered a sweet upgrade for $80, free shipping, and the s4 corpse. How could I refuse?

Never look back. You're not going that way.