Videos WhatFinger

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Screw McCain-Feingold



This is a great idea from the Other Side of Kim.

Here's my promise: If a conservative organization wants to run a political ad criticizing any (politician up for re-election during that 60-day window, I'll let them run one on this website, for free, right up until Election Day.
And if Congress or for that matter law enforcement think that I'm going to refrain from criticizing an elected or wannabe-elected official, ever, they're sadly mistaken.

Just so we know precisely why I feel so strongly about this, here's the reminder:

Amendment I.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That is why I don't need any 'interim final rule' to say what I want to say: I already have a permanent, non-negotiable rule-and that rule applies to Congress, not to me. Note that the First Amendment doesn't have an asterisk which says *unless there's an election looming.