Videos WhatFinger

Monday, October 25, 2010

Heard 'round the NPR Water Cooler...

 ..from our informant inside NPR:
"Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses & camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 75 years ago, FDR said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, & light up a Camel. This is the Promised Land."

Today, Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels, and mortgaged the Promised Land!

I was so depressed last night thinking about ObamaCare, the economy, Afghanistan, lost jobs, the nat'l debt and Juan Williams being fired  . . . I called a Suicide Hotline.

I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center in Pakistan .
I told them I was suicidal.

They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck......


 
Meanwhile, over at Pajamas Media, Roger L. Simon proposes "The Juan Williams Law:"

"This legislation would outlaw all government funding for any news organization, whether private or non-governmental in nature.  This restriction would include not only National Public Radio but all domestic news outlets, whatever their ideology or bias, or even if they claim to have none. (I am not talking here, of course, of international operations such as Voice of America, which have the legitimate task of representing American interests abroad.)

The legislation would further outlaw any future stimulus funding or bailouts for news organizations, again irrespective of ideology.

It’s easy to understand that government financing of the news is at best unseemly and at worst totalitarian.   The possibilities for corruption are myriad.  I am not one to dwell on what the Founders intended, but I am reasonably certain they didn’t want a Fourth Estate that was bought and paid for by the government, even in part."

 Last, but not least, Andrew Klaven's head nearly explodes trying to explain an excrement storm inside the Overton Window.



(messy, yet safe for work)